Beginning with in-depth research into the business’s current online activity, product collections and existing ecommerce platform, we gained a deep understanding of how the business operated and what the overarching objectives for the project were. This allowed us to create a multifaceted online marketing and ecommerce development strategy to help the business achieve these objectives.
From a digital marketing perspective, we set about utilising pay-per-click (PPC) advertising exclusively on Google Ads. This activity incorporated Google search advertising, in which we created structured campaigns focused on key product categories, targeted highly relevant product-related keywords and wrote best-in-space ad copy and on-page copy for maximum relevance from the ad to the page. We used Google Shopping activity to identify key product demands, allowing us to further enhance the text ads for Henryka as we could budget each campaign based on demand for each product.
Drawing on our team’s experience with content marketing, data analysis and Google advertising, we focused on crafting relevant, persuasive, high-quality ad text designed to drive traffic primed to convert into sales. For optimal results, this required us to continuously monitor, measure and refine performance in the long term.
The ecommerce development process began by identifying a suitable ecommerce platform on Shopify that met all their technical requirements while also minimising maintenance costs.
Due to the complexity of successful platform migrations and required URL structure changes, we placed a huge emphasis on the planning stages to ensure all deliverables were achievable. Breaking down the migration into two overarching categories - data and SEO - we identified which elements were critical to the business to ensure all essential data was transferred over to the new platform to account for the new URL structure, metadata and inevitable changes to the checkout flow.
In addition to the site migration project, our skilled ecommerce developers began building a custom wholesale portal hosted on a separate Shopify platform. Specifically geared towards wholesale buyers, this would provide a secure portal for wholesalers to access Henryka products in bulk, while also offering Henryka’s business development manager an effective sales tool via which to grow this side of the business.
Since the launch of Henryka’s new Shopify platform, we’ve also implemented a targeted redesign across the site’s homepage, category pages and static customer information pages (such as the About Us page).
This redesign activity sought to improve the navigation, flexibility and information hierarchy of key pages on the website through the following updates:
- Introducing a clickable carousel of category page options on the homepage, giving users more navigation options without adding any visual clutter to this important page
- Incorporating clickable imagery on category pages to allow for navigation to relevant subcategories in a streamlined and visually engaging way
- Utilising the brand colour palette to highlight key information and enhance the visual hierarchy of the homepage
- Adding editable text blocks to the homepage to provide the client with greater flexibility when making future updates to headings, calls-to-action and more
- Reflecting all design and layout updates across customer information pages to ensure brand resonance and uniformity throughout the website
- Ensuring responsive mobile designs that deliver all of the benefits of these changes while respecting the unique requirements of the mobile browsing experience